In using the Website, you authorize Plate Me Foods Limited to collect, retain and use their personal information for the purposes of:
- processing your Order or registration;
- assessing your credit-worthiness;
- undertaking any dealings or transactions with you, or your organization (if appropriate);
- enforcing any legal or other rights Plate Me Foods Limited may have against you in any manner that Plate Me Foods Limited sees fit;
- sending you any advertising or promotional material; and
- enhancing the Websites associated with Plate Me Foods Limited to offer you a better, more personalised and tailored service
All users of the www.plateme.co.nz
What is personal information?
‘Personal Information’ is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identifiable individual, i.e. information:
- about a natural person as opposed to information about a company or other legal entity; and
- Which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
Who collects the information?
Any personal information you provide to us via this site will be collected and stored by Plate Me Foods Limited.
When do we collect personal information?
It is necessary to provide goods or services you have requested; you have expressly consented to us collecting that information; necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); or required by law.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and with your consent. Where your personal information is collected from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that this has been done.
Use of ‘cookies’
Cookies enable us to customize your experience and the services on our website. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information so that you do not need to re-enter that information on a subsequent visit to the site. We may send cookies to your computer while you are accessing the Plate Me Foods limited website.
Cookies will not be used to collect any personal information about you, although we may collect non-attributed (anonymous) information regarding your use of this site. Some web browsers enable you to decline the receipt of cookies. If you use this function you will still be able to access www.plateme.co.nz.
Disclosure of your personal information
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. We will only disclose your personal information without your consent if this is:
- Necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety; or required by law.
- Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Storage and protection of your personal information
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- To keep your personal information secure, accurate and up-to- date.
- To prevent unauthorised disclosure (e.g. Hacking), we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential.
You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
Accessing your personal information
At any time you may request us to provide you with a transcript of any of your personal information we have stored and recorded by contacting us. We will provide you with the transcript as soon as possible but in any event within 14 days unless:
- your request is frivolous or vexatious;
- release of the person information would prejudice our legal rights; or
- We have legal grounds to deny your request.
If you are able to establish that any of your personal information which has been stored and recorded by us is not accurate, complete or up-to- date, then you should notify us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to- date.
All use of plateme.co.nz will be governed by the relevant New Zealand Laws.